2012 Dunwoody Wildcats Championship Team
In May 2011, the DeKalb County School Board finally voted to join all of our neighboring counties in recognizing lacrosse as a fully sanctioned varsity sport. In 2012, we will became the first public high school in the county to offer our student athletes the opportunity to compete at the sports highest level in what is America’s fastest growing sport for the past 10 years.
Current and incoming players, their parents and friends as well as the entire Dunwoody community are ecstatic for the upcoming season and for the potential to build the school into a state powerhouse.
With sanctioning, however, come financial obligations that far exceed our operating expenses of the previous two seasons combined. DeKalb County will only provide funding for one coach and transportation to away games due to severe budgetary deficits. We depend on the support of the Dunwoody community, parents and friends to help support the ongoing needs of costs of equipment, uniforms, coaching salaries and other miscellaneous expenditures.
It is our sincere hope that as family, friends, co-workers and businesses of all types within the Dunwoody community and throughout the greater Atlanta area that you will again consider financial support for our team during the upcoming season.
All donations are tax deductable as warranted by our 501(c)(3) status.
On behalf of everyone associated with Dunwoody men’s lacrosse team, I sincerely thank you for your consideration and support. Go Wildcats!
President of The Stix Club
A copy of the Stix Club’s tax return can be obtained via e-mail request .
FACTS ABOUT MEN’S LACROSSE
- Lacrosse is America’s oldest sport, dating back as far as 1640
- Lacrosse is America’s fastest growing sport since 2001, averaging 11% growth year-to-year over the past decade
- From 2002-2008, lacrosse grew by a total of 112% nationally
- Lacrosse has been sanctioned by the GHSAA since 2005 and over 65 varsity teams will compete in 2011
- A 2008 study found that men’s lacrosse players maintain the highest graduation rate among all high school and collegiate athletes in all sports
- Scholarship and post high school playing opportunities exist at over 375 participating NCAA Division1, 2 and 3 and Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association (MCLA) universities